The Pushcart Prize honors the best of America’s small presses, and Rust + Moth just got its nominees in the mail! These are our editors’ top picks from 2015:
- The Etch A Sketch, by Jackson Sabbagh
- Sickness, by Patrick Venturella
- Tumuli, by Cady Vishniac
- Grape Harvesters, by Shane Eaves
- Here Will Burn For Us, by Alicia Hoffman
- Für Elise Played Quietly In a Room On Fire, by Brian D. Morrison
Please give yourself the gift of sitting down with these extraordinary pieces and seeing, with fresh eyes, just what poetry is capable of.
If you’re thinking of contributing to Rust + Moth, and we hope you are, there’s no better place to get a feel for what our journal is all about than these fine selections. It took us weeks to distill these six from the many wonderful poems we published this year — thank you to all of our 2015 contributors for making this such a difficult decision. And good luck to our nominees!