The Pushcart Prize honors the best of America’s small presses. This November, Rust + Moth nominated the following six authors for the Pushcart Prize, and we are proud to shout their names from the rooftops now.
- The Patient Admits, by Avery M. Guess
- Straggler, by Lauren Yates
- Spell to Reveal Origin, by Ann V. DeVilbiss
- Husk, by Erin Marie Hall
- Enough, by Amanda Galvan Huynh
- I Will Only Answer If You Rephrase the Question, by Laura Filion
These poems tell the truth, and each one tells its story with discipline, music, and courage. We invite you to take a closer look at these pieces and see with fresh eyes what poetry is capable of.
Also, if you’re thinking of contributing to Rust + Moth, there’s no better place to get a feel for our journal than these selections. It took us a few weeks to distill these six from the many wonderful poems we published last year — thank you to all of our contributors for making this such a difficult decision. Good luck to our nominees!